Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I've been here for six months. I hope it is not a sign of things to come, but I don't feel like writing anything right now. Sorry. I do have a few photos to share. Gavin and I hiked up Jangsan this past weekend. At 637 meters, it is Busan's highest local peak. The summit has an abandoned military post on it. There is a path around it.







There is also a great view of the city. Notice how the entire city of Busan seems to come to a screeching halt right there at that highway in the bottom left-hand corner of the photo. That is literally the northern extent of the city. Past that highway is pure countryside. Weird. I'm used to Atlanta, a suburban monster with concrete tentacles reaching far into the sleepy Georgia sticks.



A few people shots.



On the subway poles are these advertisments encouraging women to check for breast cancer.



Korea played Japan in the World Baseball Championship this past week. They won the first (less important) game and then lost to Japan in the (much more critical) semi-finals. For both games people crowded around televisions and radios.



Well, that's just about all I have for you right now. I have officially passed the half-way mark of 13 months, and I'll write more about that next Sunday. For now, my obsessive mind is fixed on creating this website. So expect some paltry SoKoNotes updates in the coming month. Sorry. I will try and get the Korean Files up as much as possible, however. Gavin, with his amazing WordMan superpowers has updated his website, however, and you should all give it a look. Simple, elegant, easy to navigate and ba-chock full of great photos of Korea. The URL is www.gavinaverill.com, or you can just click on the link in my 'Links' section. --Notes

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey :) Just wanted to comment that I really like your photos. You've got an eye for direction and angles. Keep up the photos ~ they're an eyeful!
Fellow Korea blogger ~ Chels