Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I have one more day in Atlanta before I catch the first of three aircraft that will eventually deposit me in Seoul, South Korea. Seoul, with a population of just over 11 million people, is a metropolis to rival any in the world. A friend remarked to me last night that tonight would probably be the last time I'd ever hear the crickets chirping for a while. I disagreed. Every place I have ever been has had it's own unique style of crickets. You just have to listen for them. This drew something like criticism.

So I'm a bit nervous. I'm a bit excited. And there is something else that I can't quite explain or grasp. I think I will call it adventure, but that is a little presumtuous...I could get my ass handed to me out there! Hey, whatever. The story is about to begin. So sit back, put up yer kicks and grab a cold one cause' the trays are in they're full upright and locked position.

WWDD

No comments: