Friday, December 09, 2005

I am enthralled with the sound storage capability of my iDisk. The following is a recording of my 5A class singing the Dokdo song. For those of you who don't know, Dokdo is a tiny rock in the middle of the Sea of Japan that both Japan and Korea claim to own. It is surrounded by rich oil and natural gas deposits, making it economically valuable. Also, Korea was relatively recently a Japanese colony, and the Koreans like to celebrate their newfound independence by telling the Japanese where they can stick it. The Dokdo song is a product of this Korean brand of nationalism. Basically, it goes something like this -

'Dokdo is ours. Dokdo is ours. Fuck you Japan. Dokdo is ours.' That is not a literal translation, of course.

cut and paste the following link to my public folder to download and enjoy the Dokdo Song.

http://homepage.mac.com/fotonotes/FileSharing1.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know what I love about that? Laughter is same in all languages - I love the Korean downloads.

-Stefanie-

P.s. - I'm gonna write you back soon - It's been crazy in the burbs lately. : )