Sunday, May 04, 2008

OK, it's been a while since I updated, which is good because it means I've been busy. Wedding season has officially begun, and to kick this year's wedding season off I went and got married myself! My bride, Lennalba Saldivia, and I had a no-fuss ceremony in the Decatur courthouse with a little party for our family at my parents' Candler Park home. I know, we're very non-traditional. We had originally planned on having the wedding in September, but Lena needed to change her visa from a student visa to permanent resident status so she could start working and applying for scholarships to the Savannah College of Art and Design-Atlanta where she wants to go to school starting next winter.

We plan on having two more parties, one in September for my extended family and one in December in Venezuela for her extended family. Venezuela is also the site of our honeymoon. Lena and I will cruise around the country in her dad's Montero. She'll get to show me her home, which is an exceedingly beautiful place.

Her father, mother and brother were all here from Venezuela, and they made traditional seafood paella to compliment my dad's crabcakes and other dishes brought by my guests. Here are a few of my favorite photos:























2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats (felicidades) to you and Lena! Looking forward to seeing you both in September. All the best to both of you and best of luck with taking your business solo! Cheers- Kirsten and Daimon

Unknown said...

Congratulations from all your comrades at the Hattiesburg American. We wish ya'll well and a great big family full of kids like yourself. Don't worry I'm sure the pharmaceutical companies will have plenty of new anti-anxiety drugs on the market by then.
I really enjoyed working with you and thought of you as a little brother - still do. Except I guess I'm the big brother who never writes or stays in touch. May God bless your union and I'll keep ya'll in my prayers.
George Clark