Monday, September 12, 2005

Hello from Korea! Things have been getting better for me. I had my first solid bowel movement yesterday! Experiencing a new culture can be difficult when your ass is glued to a toilet for more than twenty minutes at a stretch.

I left off my last blog with me arriving at ESS with Julie. Er, a few days have passed since then and quite a bit has transpired in that small space of time, as you'd imagine. For one thing, I've been teaching now five days. Those experiences alone could fill a small book. So I've decided to split my first week here into sections.

Mr. Ye, our administrator, informed me that I only have ten minutes left to use the computer. So this entry is really just to keep you informed of my inability to keep you informed. My parents are sending me my computer, & it should be here by Thursday. So by next weekend I should have some more entries as well as photos.

Stay with me. This inconvenience should pass and my updates will be more timely and informative.

--Stephen

2 comments:

takinchances said...

I'm loving your updates, but I can't wait to see a post that doesn't start with your butt being glued to the toliet. ; )

Arpill said...

Honestly, I can relate--Foriegn travel always helps enable people to talk about their bowel functions. Either you have to go too often or not often enough... During my month stay in Kosova, I was on "water duty"--making sure the girls I was with were drinking enough water, some of them hadn't gone poo in a week and were getting pretty sick... it was the topic of conversation all over the place...