Thursday, September 22, 2005

OK, the photos in the posts below are general shots of Busan taken over the last three weeks. The guy staring me down was photographed in the Nampo-dong market. The white girl doing limbo is my roommate, Julie, from Montreal (NOT Toronto). The muslim girl was photographed on a subway train going out towards the city of Geonju. Don't worry, the orange guy in the gutter is just sleeping (I think). I took the photo of the old man during the Chusok Holiday weekend in Nampo-dong, where I work. Gotta love that shot of Korean "Thugs" hangin' on a street corner in Nampo-dong. Don't worry, they're quite harmless. Pizza delivery guys on break, I think. The dog I photographed from the back of Julie's bike while heading out to Tangdosa Temple. The photograph of the little girl with the soda was taken in the Nampo-dong market, and the same for the photograph of the other little girl hugging her granny. Just after taking that photo I got hit by a guy on the scooter. Don't worry, the scooter was fine. The photo of the girl walking along the sidewalk was included to make sure everyone knew that yes, there are trees here. They have an inch or two of soil around the base of the trunk, giving the impression that they are growing out of the concrete itself. The next photo is of the only Korean graffiti I can find, and now I'm not so sure it's graffiti. I photographed the old guy is sitting next to the beach in the Haeundae area of town. The pan-blur photo of the guy on the bike was taken near where I work in Nampo-dong. The kid playing soccer and the fishermen where photographed near Hamgegreen, my apartment complex on Yeong-do island.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course that's not Graffiti.

That's a sign saying "No Parking Here".

If you came to my neighborhood, you can see this sentence written in red.

"If you park here,
You and 3 generations behind you are all assholes!!"

Wait, could it be graffiti?